The team at ThinkinCircles have been delivering mobile solutions to our clients for years. We see it as a standard approach to any web development strategy. It still amazes us then when we see recruitment agencies and companies not embracing this vital area of web implementation.
Why is it so important to go mobile?
Recent research has suggested nearly 80% of job seekers search and apply for vacancies via mobile devices – yes that’s right 80%. It’s not surprising though is it really? After all people are mobile, and people in the job market use mobile devices, but amazingly, despite this, nearly 50% of FTSE 100 companies, and 93% of SME businesses, have sites that are still not mobile optimised. The figures are even worse for recruitment focused websites, from a candidate perspective it simply won’t do.
Consider the following top six benefits of “going mobile” with your online recruitment strategy:
- Communications – The hiring process as a whole generally becomes a more positive experience for the candidate. Simple things like ease of viewing and user experience make the whole recruitment process more efficient with a well crafted mobile experience
- Speed – Having vacancies at the fingertips of candidates means quicker response times to your job advertisements. Enquiries can be responded to at any time of day. This helps to reduce the hiring process time.
- Social – 86% of job seekers have an account on at least one of the six social networks. Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest. Social job seekers are younger and more highly educated. This key demographic are glued to their mobiles and expect a seamless integration between social channels and recruitment engagement
- Google – With Google announcing that they are going to be boosting the effects of their mobile friendly algorithm it’s a huge chink in your search engine armour not to be mobile.
- Brand – candidates searching for vacancies will identify with the brands that deliver the best online experience, not going mobile will not only lose you candidates but also damage your reputation
- Local – GPS is at the heart of most smartphones and smart recruiters know this. Tapping into the potential of GPS in order to match vacancies with candidates can drive engagement to your website.
Creating a website that is seamlessly mobile from end to end, from the moment your candidate arrives to the moment they leave is to capitalising upon all of these benefits.
Make sure your site is easy to navigate and ensure it reflects your brand image. Don’t lose your potential talent before the hiring process has begun. Your candidate experience must be streamlined, smooth and straightforward.
ThinkinCircles are experts in creating online recruitment experiences that transform the recruitment process for candidate and recruiter alike. Tap into our knowledge and find out how we can help you.